Why should I use a professional to manage my investment?
While the reasons our clients choose professional property management in Denver vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant investment to prospective residents to get it filled.
- When we optimize your rental rate, proactively screen prospective residents, apply discounts you’ll receive on advertising, and the company rate we negotiate on repairs, you’ll often make more money on your investment than if you managed the property yourself!
How long has your company been in business?
In 1994 Micki Carwin founded Professional Integrity Guaranteed Realty, changing the name to Denver Property Group in 2010. We are locally owned and operated with a passion for property management and an exceptional reputation for fair dealings and great service.
Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you cannot choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your investment; however, people in Colorado love their pets. If you decide not to allow pets it will limit the prospects that we attract. It is important to remember that the Fair Housing Act does not allow us to deny a service animal. We can provide additional information on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act if you have any questions.
Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
Yes, we will provide you a detailed monthly report including an accounting of rent and other income received; and detailing maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. If you have questions regarding your monthly report we are always available to assist you.
What sets us apart from other Denver property management companies?
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough communication.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and local real estate market.
- Experience solving all types of property and tenancy issues.
- Excellent communication with residents to ensure long term tenants.
- Passionate team of professionals with over 50 years of experience.
- Established relationships with local service providers.
What if the residents don’t pay the rent?
We are in constant contact with our residents. We pride ourselves in putting quality people in our properties. If we however do not receive payment we start a “three day process” demanding the rental payment. After this time the eviction process can begin and the process can take anywhere from 30-45 days. It is always financially better for all involved if a solution can be worked out. If the tenant has experienced a one-time event which is causing them a financial hardship, and there have been no previous problems, it is better for you and the tenant if we give them a chance to catch up, if there is reason to believe they can do so. If the tenant has demonstrated an ongoing pattern of late payments, broken promises about payments and/or evasiveness, we know from experience that eviction is the best course of action.
Each situation is unique and we make our decisions based on what is best for you and your investment in the long run. That said, we always proceed with the legal notices required for eviction regardless of any other factors. We will simply postpone the actual filing of the eviction if the tenant is showing favorable effort toward resolution.
Does Denver Property Group do a background check on perspective tenants?
We do our best to put quality individuals in your investment property. Our background check is extensive and in accordance with Fair Housing Laws. Our background check consists of; Credit Check, Criminal Check, Sex Offender Check, Rental History Review, Employment History and references are contacted.
How fast can you rent my property?
Many factors determine how quickly we can rent a property. We have found that typically four factors will determine timing
- Season – the market tends to flux depending on the time of year. We have found that typically the Denver market is better in the warmer months April-October. We actively rent properties during all seasons but we have found these to be the best months.
- Location – access to shopping and major employment corridors are the most desirable.
- Curb Appeal – the better a property shows the more desirable it becomes.
- Price – how competitively is the property priced.
We work with you to ensure that your investment is positioned to command the highest rental rate in the fastest time frame with the most qualified applicant.
How much do you charge the tenant for security deposit? And who holds the security deposit?
We typically charge a tenant one months’ rent as a security deposit. However, some markets and properties may require an exception to this rule. We evaluate the market demands along with the owner’s investment strategy to determine the appropriate security deposit. We monitor the local market and position your property to be competitive in the area. We hold the security deposit in our escrow account.